INFORMATION FOR ORAL PRESENTERS
UPLOADING OF PRESENTATIONS
All Speakers giving an oral presentation are kindly requested to upload their presentations in Hall 2 which is situated near the conference stage at least one hour before the start of their session.
If using a PowerPoint (or any other Software) presentation, please note that you are requested to bring it on a CD, a DVD or on a Memory Stick/Disc-on-Key (using the USB port in the computer) for uploading.
If combining video or audio files with PowerPoint, please inform the staff to ensure that all necessary files are saved in the appropriate folder.
Please note that the meeting computers for your use in the session halls are supplied with Windows 7 and Office 2010, and you may bring your personal laptop computer as a back-up only.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Session hall:
Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer, however you are required to bring with you a VGA dongle/adapter compatible with your MAC for external video signal and to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place prior to your session, at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please advise the Congress Organizers ahead of time if you will be using your Macintosh laptop computer.
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER PRESENTERS
Poster Board size: AO size in Portrait format i.e.
118.9 cm high x 84.1 cm wide (46.81 inches high x 33.11 inches wide)
Each poster will be on display for all days of the congress. Poster presenters will need to check the program to see the poster board number assigned to the poster.
- Posters should be mounted by 09:00 hours on Friday, 16 November and must be removed by the end of sessions on Sunday, 18 November.
- Presenters should stand next to their posters for informal discussions during the lunch breaks.
- Posters should be brought to the Congress by the authors. Please do not mail them to the Secretariat.
The organizers are not responsible for any posters that have not been removed by the end of the congress.
Instructions for the preparation of Posters
- Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- It is recommended that your poster not exceed 118cm high x 84cm wide (Portrait Style)
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Double-sided tape will be available in the poster area for hanging of posters.