ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
The Scientific Program Committee is pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for Oral Free Paper, Physical Poster, Video Presentation and JAM (Just A Minute-Case) presentations at the HOA Vista 2018 Congress. The committee will take your preference into consideration but this cannot be guaranteed.
A certificate of appreciation shall be awarded to all participants whose abstracts are accepted and presented at the event. A certificate of merit and a memento shall be awarded to the Best Free Paper, Poster, Video and JAM presentation.
EXTENDED DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, 10 OCTOBER 2018.
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Each presenter may submit up to 3 abstracts.
- The first listed author of the abstract must be the presenting author at the HOA Vista 2018 Congress. No more than 6 co-authors to be listed.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Submission implies that the corresponding author has received the consent from co-authors.
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Information regarding acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the corresponding author.
- Abstracts will be rejected if they do not adhere to the ethical principles for clinical (human) and animal research.
- Disclosure of financial relationship, that the author(s) may have with any manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, must be indicated in the appropriate box in the abstract submission form.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION TOPICS
Your abstract can conform to any subspecialty in Ophthalmology or Optometry.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the following topics:
- Anterior Segment
- Cornea / Refractive
- Uvea / Inflammation
- Retina / Vitreous
- Oculoplasty / Squint
- Neuro Ophthalmology
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
Please use the appropriate fields in the abstract submission form to categorise your abstract. Abstracts must be submitted under one of the following categories:
- Free Paperto be presented as a short paper – Duration 6 mins. Suggested limit to prepare about 15 slides
- Only Poster to be presented as a physical poster AO size in Portrait format
- Free Paper or otherwise Poster Abstract shall be first evaluated as a free paper. Shall be then considered for Poster if not accepted as Paper
- Video Presentation: 10 mins limit with crisp editing and Voice over recording
- Instruction Course: 60 mins duration
- JAM (Just A Minute) Interesting cases, innovations, new procedures/techniques etc can be submitted here
Abstracts must be submitted in English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s and co-authors’ information:
Full name (first name(s) and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Telephone numbers (for Presenting author only)
- Abstract title – limited to 15 words
- Abstract text – limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements. (No graphs, images or tables to be used)
- Abstracts should clearly define the purpose and outcome of presentation and be structured as follows:
– Background and Aims
Abstracts that are not conforming to this structure will be rejected.
However just a few lines describing your presentation is required for Just a Minute submission. Sub-headings as mentioned above do not apply. Just a brief write-up about it are sufficient. Interesting cases, innovations or new procedures etc can be submitted here.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations, in parentheses, after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract Topic– Please use the appropriate fields in the abstract submission form to list the topic most suited to your abstract.
- Disclosure of financial relationship, that the author(s) may have with any manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, must be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract submission form.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Please follow the instructions on the abstract submission form step-by-step.
Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official congress publications.
Upon submitting your abstract via the Congress website, you will receive a “Confirmation of submission” indicating that your abstract has successfully been submitted.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED VIA FAX OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
In cases of difficulties with uploading in the submission system, please contact the Secretariat: email@example.com.